Wednesday, September 23, 2015

"pa'MMA'na"

    
    Anime- My childhood inspiration since the day I first draw my first figure on a sheet of paper my mom used to give me to solve my simple math equations. Also the reason why I was able to pass my exams from my pre-elementary to high school tests. I always idolized my older cousins because during those days, I'm just a kid with no idea how I will draw things like that. I'll be telling the adventure of my Multimedia Art career from the very beginning up to the present. It all started with a simple crumpled paper, a dull-end pencil and a little crazy world I would like to call as "imagination". I used to doodle up things with colouring materials every time I have colours on my hands and my would always shout at me because of my dirty hands and dirty wall. During those times, I was able to widen my imagination skill and continued to develop it. As I grow up, my drawing skills also improved. When I was still a pre-elementary student in our school, I used to do simple animations on a bundle of paper bonded together with stick figures which is also known as cel animation. My teachers always get angry at me because instead of listening to their lessons, I was there sitting on the back and drawing things in my mind. When I reached elementary, I started to compete inside the school every time our school conducts a poster making contest and even though I can't get any medal from that said event, I never quitted and joins yearly. My first out of school competition was very memorable because I was the one to present our school in mural painting in Pagsanjan, Laguna and luckily I won 3rd place and that became my motivation to continue what I started with art.

        When I reached high school, my name became popular when art is being talked about. That was the moment wherein I joined every poster making contest inside and outside of the school. I was able to meet my co-artists from different places and was able made new friends. My most memorable experience was my editorial cartooning when I was a 4th year high school student because I have no any about cartooning. They taught me every essential thing a cartoonist must know and undergo different seminars.  I was able to compete for the district and division level wherein I won 3rd and 4th place and a qualifier for the regional level but sadly I was not able to participate due to school issues. I become the chief editorial cartoonist of our school paper and it was a huge success for me. I almost took a different course because I passed the MAAP entrance exam but still, I followed what I wanted myself to be 4 years from now and my parents were able to understand me and accepted my decision. Now, I'm one of those Multimedia artists that were able to have their course of their choice. I am able to practice and enhance my drawing skills from freehand drawing to digital with the use of different drawing software. I am able to widen my knowledge and experience with photography with my position as a photojourn in Voyage, our school press. Now, I am also able to edit videos with video editing software that are used by people with video editing background. Most of all, I'm enjoying my study more because this will lead me to my success in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment