Thursday, March 17, 2016

be CONTEMPT

Jackson Pollock

Roy Linchtenstein

People's perspectives towards art are different from each other. There are people who accept and appreciate what they see and the style used in the artwork itself. Some of them are even questioning themselves how was it even done by an artist. Some might even research articles about that certain artwork to know the meaning more. There are also people who don't even care. They would rather pass by than to appreciate art even just for a few moments of their lives. Even if there are different types of people, one thing is a fact and that is artist express themselves through their artworks. It's a fact that every each one of us must respect. Why? Because they deserve it and so does the others including you. During our discussion about contemporary art, there are these certain people whom influenced me with my art style. They are Jackson Pollock and Roy Linchtenstein. They both have their own style how they deliver their feelings with the use of art.

When I was still a kid, I used to do drawing scribbles on our walls that's why my parents regularly scolding at me. As time goes by, I started doing my regular scribble art  but with a defined figure. Mostly, animals and humans are my subject. After a few years, abstract expressionism was introduced to me during my high school years. I have no idea how I come up to liking those kinds of art style. Up until now, I'm still using my scribble style especially with my fast sketches where I can deliver certain emotions to my audience. When I was still a kid, I was a big fan of comic books where heroes rise and enemies fall. Up until now, I collect magazines and comics about heroes. My favorite character during those times was wolverine and Spiderman. I usually watch TV programs where wolverine and Spiderman exist. Now that I'm a MMA student, I'd rather make them my models than DC heroes. Linchtenstein's style is similar to comic books style where it's a bit cartoonish which caught my attention from the very beginning I daw his works.


No comments:

Post a Comment